– Complete movement replacements on battery-operated quartz movements.
– Complete overhauls of automatic watches.
– Timing adjustments. Anything greater than +10 or -10 seconds will be warrantied.
– Pressure sealing. For quartz watches, after a battery replacement and cleaning; for automatic watches, after routine maintenance, complete overhauls, or any service performed by Danson Jewelers that entails opening an automatic watch. Damage to the internal components caused by moisture damage due to the defect of workmanship of the pressure sealing process.
– Crystal replacement. Most signs of moisture on the dial after the service of a crystal replacement. Damage to the internal components that was caused by moisture damage due to a defect of workmanship on crystal replacements.
– Antique/vintage watch quartz conversions.
– Manual wind movements replaced by a new quartz battery.
This limited warranty does not cover any damage or defects that are not proven to be the result of defective workmanship or parts if there is:
– Evidence of excessive wear and tear on the watch prior to work being done to it.
– Evidence of intentional or accidental misuse or abuse, including, without limitation, abuse related to services done to the watch which were not carried out by Danson Jewelers.
This limited warranty does not cover:
– Bracelets, straps, watch cases, crowns, and stems.
– Cracked or broken crystals, sapphire, mineral, glass, or plastic that are the result of intentional or accidental misuse or abuse.
– Refinishing, polishing, restoring, dial-refinishing and any and all exterior watch work.
– Any loss resulting from theft or an act of God.
– Damage to the watch if used under conditions that exceed the watch manufacturer’s water resistance guidelines.
– This limited warranty is not valid on watches that are less than 10 ATM/100 meters/330 feet water resistant.
CONSEQUENTIAL AND INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF USE, ARE NOT RECOVERABLE UNDER THIS WARRANTY OR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES.
In order to have coverage under this warranty, the serial number imprinted on the watch casing must be clearly legible and match what Danson Jewelers has on record. Furthermore, no part of the original watch backside or original serial number should be removed, changed, altered, replaced, erased or defaced after servicing by Danson Jewelers. If there is a substantial defect in our repair work, and your watch is protected by this warranty, then we will re-service your watch in the best manner that we see fit, and only at our facility. Please contact customer service at 855-9DANSON to obtain instructions on how to obtain service under this warranty.
Danson Jewelers will cover the cost of postage (up to $50 for shipping; no cap on the cost of insurance) to ship a defective watch back to our facility for a period of 90 days from the original date of service. Customers must provide a valid receipt to prove the cost of postage in order to recoup the cost of shipping. After 90 days from the original date of service, the customer bears the burden for the cost of postage. When returning a watch to our facility, you must include a brief description of the problem and include the Limited Warranty card that we provide. We will ship the repaired watch to your return address at our cost.
– Batteries that are replaced by Danson Jewelers will carry a 1-year warranty on the life span of the battery from the date of installation only.
– All services performed on manual wind movements (i.e. vintage, antique and pocket watches) will carry a 90-day warranty from the date of service.