We committed to your privacy and the security of the information you provide to us during your visit to our site. We encourage you to review our policies below, which are designed to ensure your privacy and comfort.
Danson Jewelers uses industry standard practices, which include firewalls and SSL, to safeguard the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information. We treat data as an asset that must be protected against loss and unauthorized access. We employ many different security techniques to protect such data from unauthorized access by users inside and outside of the company.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The information we learn from customers helps us to personalize and continually improve your experience with Danson Jewelers. We take reasonable measures to ensure that the information that we collect about you is safeguarded. Our primary goal is to provide you with a smooth, efficient, and customized experience with peace of mind.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use your information in the database we maintain on our servers, and other information we obtain from your current and past experiences with us to improve your experience, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, and enforce our Terms & Conditions.
Upon providing us with your personal information, you are no longer anonymous to us. If you choose to provide us with your personal information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on the servers of our hosting company (located in various locations across the United States). We take reasonable measures to ensure the safety of your information. We may also collect and store the following personal information:
– Email address, physical contact information, and financial information;
– Transactional information based on your activities on the site;
– Shipping, billing, and other information you provide to authorize the watch repair, or the return of an unrepaired watch should you decline service;
– Correspondence(s) through our site, and correspondence(s) sent to us;
– Other information from your interaction with our site, content, and advertising; including, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the site, ad data, IP address, and standard web log information.
Information that we obtain about our customers is an integral part of our business. We do sell information that we obtain about you to others. We only share customer information with the practices in our Terms & Conditions, and as described below.
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without first obtaining your explicit consent. We may, however, combine your information with information that we collect from other companies, and use it to improve and personalize our services, content, and advertising. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, simply indicate your preference by following the directions provided in the communication or advertisement.
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. You agree that we may use your personal information to:
– Provide the services and customer support you request;
– Resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems;
– Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our Terms & Conditions;
– Customize, measure, and improve our services, content, and advertising;
– Tell you about our services, targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences; and
– Compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose personal information to adhere to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to credit card disputes, or protect your safety or the safety of others. In the event disclosure is required, it will be done so in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and recognized trade practices. We may also share your personal information with:
– Service providers under contract who help with certain business operations (such as fraud investigations, billing, affiliate and rewards programs).
– Law enforcement or governmental officials, when doing so would be in response to a verified request related to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity. In such events, we may disclose information relevant to the investigation, such as name, address, telephone number, email address, IP address, fraud complaints, and repair history.
Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy, and our interest in keeping the community free from bad actors, we may not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without a subpoena, court order, or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we reasonably believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss, or to report suspected illegal activity.
INFORMATION YOU SHARE ON DANSON JEWELERS.COM
If you access our site from a shared computer or a public computer, please be aware that certain information about you, such as your login information, billing and shipping addresses and watch repair history may also be visible to other individuals with access to the computer. In such circumstances, it is your responsibility to take proper measures to ensure that your information is safeguarded. We are not responsible for actions resulting from your neglect in failing to take such measures.
– We offer certain features that are available only when cookies are enabled.
– Most cookies are “session cookies,” meaning that they are automatically deleted from your hard-drive at the end of a session.
– You are always free to deny cookies if your browser so permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of our site or services.
SPAM, SPYWARE, & SPOOFING
Your password/order number is the ‘key’ to your account. We do every effort as reasonably possible to ensure the protection of your account. If you share your password or personal information with others, then all actions taken on your account is your responsibility. If you lose control of your password/order number, then you may lose substantial control over your personal information, and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, it is imperative that you take every effort possible to safeguard this information. If your password/order number has been compromised for any reason, then it is imperative that you immediately notify info@DansonJewelers.com so that we can send you a replacement password/order number to access your account with.
ACCESSING, REVIEWING, & CHANGING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can see, review, and change most of your personal information by signing into DansonJewelers.com. Generally speaking, we will not manually modify your personal information without first verifying your identity. You must promptly update your personal information if it changes or is inaccurate. You may not change or remove the information to an order after it has been delivered to our facility without first obtaining our consent. Upon your request, we will close a particular repair job number, and remove records of your personal information from our database as soon as reasonably possible and based on your account activity, or in accordance with applicable law. We do not retain personal information from closed accounts unless doing so would be required by law, prevent fraud, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, or to assist with any administrative investigations.
Your information is stored on our servers located in the United States. We treat data as an asset that must be protected and use many tools (encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. We cannot guarantee the protection of your personal information from being unlawfully intercepted or accessed by third parties. In the event we become aware that a third party has unlawfully intercepted or accessed your personal information, we will promptly notify you and take every reasonable measure to ensure that such information is not exploited.